Animal Crown Activity
Grades K – 2, Drama, Health and Physical Education, Science and Technology, The Arts, Kindergarten Program.
Have a fun arts and drama session with this "Call of the Wild" activity. Students will create personalized animal crowns and role-play like the animal. This hands-on activity will allow kids to learn about the animals we're helping in a fun and interactive way.
Teachers should allow 30-45 minutes to complete the activity.
1. In the classroom, ensure there are enough photocopies of the animal crowns available for students to choose from.
2. Discuss with your students how they’re going to get to create their own crown and get to act like the animal when they wear it. Describe the animals (see descriptions of each below), showing the sample crown version as an example for each.
3. Once your students have a basic understanding of each animal, let each choose which animal they’d like to color in and cut out (or divide the class into 4 groups).
4. Let your students to personalize their crowns and cut them out. They can then cut off the paper strips and glue them to the sides of their animal crown, cutting the strips to size of their head.
5. Now let’s role-‐play – It’s the Call of the Wild! Students can now wear their crown and act like the animals they’ve chosen. We have included an activity suggestion below, or make up your own!
For the details, please contact us at email@example.com